Step 1: You buy me a drink (it doesn't even have to be alcoholic! I am just that gracious. Also I enjoy a good smoothie)
Step 2: You make eye contact (it's important for good communication!)
Step 3: You say "Tell me about your spring break Caitlin"
Step 4: I tell you. Probably with wild hand gestures.
I think this is a viable plan. Let's roll with it on the 29th when I fly home.
Today was not so much exciting as intensely nerve-wracking as I took my first timed final in years. Knox, you see, just requires me to submit portfolios which I can write in my sweatpants at 3am sitting under my lofted bed and occasionally yelling/throwing random things at my roommate. St. Andrews, however, requires you to wear clothes with, like, zippers and buttons and stuff, and go sit at a desk and not talk or throw things at anyone and...generally behave like a human being rather than a zoo animal. Naturally this was trying for me and was made worse by having to answer questions about the theme of betrayal in post-modern surrealist literature. But I think I did pretty well, knock on wood, this morning other than almost falling off my chair in jittery panic when a proctor tapped me on the shoulder to ask me to move my jacket. Because apparently jackets are NOT ALLOWED. COLD IS PART OF THE EXAM. Or something like that.
So that done I rewarded myself for my excellent non-zoo-animal behavior by buying some ice cream and wandering around enjoying the nice weather and taking pictures. These pictures, let me show you them:





Scotland is actually super pretty when it's Sunday

Look at this here artsy shit

Pretty arch-thing on the way to the harbor

A couple of the baby bunnies that are EVERYWHERE now that it is spring
Anyway, I'm off for celebratory drinks before I plunge back into studying for my next final which will ask me such exciting questions as: "What does the ‘transformation’ of music hall c.1880-1914 tell us about contemporary
attitudes towards popular culture?" I don't think they will take "Uh. Lady Gaga or something?" as an answer.

Can't wait to hear more of your wonderful adventures! May we videotape Step 4?
ReplyDeleteAww drat. I wish I was going to be able to hear some of these stories. Wild hand gestures are my favorite means of communication. Pre-congrats on your final Caitlin!
ReplyDelete