Thursday, March 4, 2010

10. tea time

So I have a lot coming up this week to the tune of:
-An English paper
-Two 2,000 word presentations
-A course diary
-A novel to read
-The unholy ordeal that is attempting to top up my Nomi mobile phone which, okay, seriously, why would any self respecting capitalist venture make it this hard for me to give them money? Why would ANYONE? I mean I'm not exactly a captain of industry over here with my creative writing degree in progress but if someone came up to me on the street and was like "Can I give you 20 pounds?" I certainly wouldn't make them beg and jump through hoops and talk to people with fake names (Yeah "Rachel" and "Tim" with your thick Indian accents I'M ON TO YOU and why do I care what your name is anyway? Your name, like the unfortunate boy I knew in second grade, could be Jihad and if you fixed my phone we'd be cool) before I would take it.
-My dad coming to visit! Hopefully after I finish all this stuff! Yay!

But you know what makes it better? Tea. I'm serious. You drink a nice big mug of tea and suddenly all of your problems just melt away into an herbal haze. I now understand why British people can be so polite all the time. They are medicated. With tea.

So because I have so much coming up and then my dad is visiting me (yay!) and you probably won't hear from me for two weeks and I don't even have pictures of Edinburgh to show you here are...pictures of me drinking tea! In the bathroom! Not where I usually drink tea but it has the best mirror so...there we are, my journey from skepticism about the powers of tea to glee.




Panic: managed with tea
Other statistics: irrelevant

3 comments:

  1. i am so happy you're the only person abroad actually doing work. and drinking tea! you're precious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Veronica- Thanks! I enjoy yours as well :)

    Christina- I know! It's so weird! Or maybe not, maybe you all already knew I was the biggest loser in the world and were all just waiting for me to stop hiding it and start completing projects due Thursday on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete